Teall Family Poached Rockfish Recipe
This recipe uses a filleted rock fish and the fish carcass. However, the recipe can be made without the fish stock, adding extra wine, or by substituting chicken or veggie broth for fish stock.
· 2-4 rockfish fillets
· 1-2 onions chopped
· Chopped garlic to taste
· 1-2 tomatoes chopped
· 1 cup white wine
· 1 cup fish stock made from the fish carcass (See below)
· Optional: 1 T heavy cream
· 1 T capers
Make the stock:
· Put a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chopped onion, celery and seasonings.
· Saute until beginning to brown.
· Add the fish carcass in a few pieces and water to cover it.
· Boil 40 min, remove fish carcass or strain the stock.
Cook the fillets:
· In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
· Cook onions and garlic til very soft, ~10 min
· Add tomatoes and boil down 5 min
· Add 1 c. fish stock, 1 c. white wine, boil down 10 min
· Add fillets on top of the veggies. Cover the pan and simmer 4-5 min till cooked through.
· Add heavy crème and capers and mix in.
Serve fillets and sauce over a bed of fettucine.