Grilled Ahi Tuna with ginger risotto and baby bok choy
- Lightly rub Ahi with olive oil and salt and pepper and grill over oak fire.
- Grill tuna for approximately 2-4 minutes to ensure that the fish is served rare to medium rare.
- Rinse and blanch whole Bok Choy
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. Bring the stock to a simmer in a medium pot and keep it at a simmer until the risotto is done.
2. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and 1 tablespoon of the ginger and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the rice and stir. Stir in the wine and simmer until the liquid is evaporated. Begin adding stock, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock until the rice is cooked but still firm and creamy, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat. Add the butter, the remaining 2 teaspoons of ginger, and the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from Anna Getty's Easy Green Organic by Anna Getty, © April 2010 Chronicle Books